Sunday, June 25, 2006

New beginnings


The reunion weekend was terrific, but I was a bit sad that I wouldn't be able to stay for the impending birth of my DSD's daughter. DH stayed the weekend, since the birth was scheduled for Monday. I had to return to Minnesota, since I was due in Park Rapids on Tuesday for a workshop. My grandma moment would have to wait.

Or not.

Alannah Leannan apparently had different plans. While shopping on Saturday, Kelly started feeling funny....then in pain....then rather definitely in labor. We got the call while at the reunion that we were grandparents and were congratulated by all.

Alannah was 7 pounds, 9 ounces, 19 inches long and absolutely beautiful. Not that I'm biased.

I'm glad Alannah decided grandma couldn't wait. Welcome, Little One.

3 Comments:

Blogger Multitype Librarian said...

Thanks for sharing. We are so happy for you all!
Ron & Barb

9:47 PM  
Blogger aurora said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad to hear you got to meet her right away.

9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute baby, Gran! Congratulations! I like the Flickr picture where she is smiling already.

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home