Sunday, June 25, 2006

Re-union


What an amazing evening. It was incredible to gather and get to know each other again - or for the first time, in some cases.

I am lucky enough to have remained friends with a group of amazing women that I met in high school. Some of the men, too, to some extent. But it's really these women that have been the mainstay of my life for over 30 years now.

We've seen each other through marriages and divorces, through the births of children and grandchildren, through career changes, recalcitrant teenagers, new houses, and everything else. Everything. We can go without seeing each other for months or even years, and when you walk in the door, it's as if no time has passed at all.

It was terrific to see old classmates at the reunion that I hadn't seen in a long time, and to mark the astonishing changes in a few of them. But it was the chance to have an evening with my buddies that made the trip.

Here's to you guys. Don't know what I'd do without you.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mary Beth:

It was an amazing reunion, wasn't it? I didn't get a chance to talk to you and thank you in person for your contribution to the night. So, thank you!

And you are absolutely correct when you say that it's like no time has passed when we see our friends again. I was saddened to hear that we lost Laura Ladish and Dave Kocher since the last reunion, and I wonder what the coming years will bring.

Anyway, thanks again, and congrats on the new baby!

Susie Franecki Fisher

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home