Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Blog idea

One of the perks in traveling the state with Michael a few weeks ago was the opportunity to meet some wonderful librarians. One of the librarians in particular traveled a long way (300 miles!) to attend Michael's workshop. Phyllis is from Wausau, Wisconsin, and works for the Marathon County Public Library.

Phyllis emailed me yesterday with a terrific idea, and was kind enough to allow me to share:
I was thinking of the blog workshop that you're doing at Arrowhead and thought I'd mention the events blogs that we use at Marathon County. It was an easy solution to the problem we were having getting current events posted to our web site. We don't have many people on staff who can work with FrontPage. I set up a blog, trained a couple people on updating it, and now each day the daily events is updated. It's a use of blogs where you don't have to think of something to say. The calendar was mentioned at a recent consortium meeting and some sounded interested so I thought I'd pass it on to you.
Terrific idea, and a great way to get people started on blogging!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home