Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Pinin' for the fiords

They're back! Much to my delight, Monty Python is bringing the best of the Flying Circus to PBS.

I love these guys. So does DH. As a matter of fact, our mutual admiration for Monty Python and the Holy Grail was one of the factors that brought us together. Wednesday nights will be delightful for a few weeks. Lumberjacks. Spanish Inquisitions. Silly walks. Fish slapping. Dead parrots. And, of course, Spam.

Monty Python is an interesting social yardstick. It seems people line up in one of two camps: those who think they're hilarious, and those who simply don't understand why people find them hilarious. I've occasionally found myself in a room with someone else who, unbeknownst to me, is a Python fan. At some point in the conversation, a Python reference will occur. Python lines will begin to be tossed out with gleeful abandon, usually to the bewilderment of the rest of the assembled group.

It says something about the way your mind works, being a Python fan. I'm not sure exactly what it says, but it definitely says something. As for me, I can't wait for Wednesday nights.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home