Friday, February 24, 2006

Great idea!

There's a firm out there who has taken the audio book/MP3 player conundrum and set it on its ear. The firm is PlayAway and they're marketing audio books that are the player. How cool is that? The whole thing is about the size of a pack of cards, and has eight easy buttons on the back, large enough so that someone with reduced dexterity will have no problem.

If I were still a library director, I would definitely be looking into purchasing these for my library! Not only audio books, but audio books with their own player! Seriously cool. They don't have a huge number of titles from which to choose just yet, but here's hoping they'll grow and add lots more.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't buy audio books, so I don't know... how "spendy" are these. Great concept, but the price seems a little steep. However, I don't know how much traditional audio books cost.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Mary Beth said...

Susan, they're about the price of a traditional audio book, if not a bit less. At the moment, I think their biggest issue is the small collection available, though I'm assuming that will change.

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home