Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Guilty Pleasures

I admit it. I read trashy novels.

Of course, librarians are supposed to read those good-for-you books, the ones that you're secretly proud to be "caught" reading. And I do read those on occasion. But if I need to relax, escape, divert...I go to popular fiction. Dean Koontz. Nora Roberts. Jonathan Kellerman. Kathy Reichs. Patricia Cornwell.

This weekend was a heavenly plunge into trashy novels. We also rented a few movies that we hadn't gotten a chance to see at the theatre. "Skeleton Key" was recommended by friend and colleague Jonya. I concur. We also watched "The Exorcism of Emily Rose" which was interesting and food for thought, and "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory", which I enjoyed much more than I thought I would. As if all this wasn't enough, Darling Husband baked one of his trademark cheesecakes, this one with a rich brownie as the crust. Incredible.

I'll take a trashy novel and a piece of that cheesecake, please. Sometimes, guilty pleasures are the best pleasures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home