Friday, December 30, 2005

Dancing in the Dark

We have a spiffy new building here, with spiffy energy-saving features like lights that are motion-sensitive and turn on when you enter a room. They turn off by themselves, too, if they (light elves?) don't notice any motion for awhile.

This is all very cool, but lends itself to some weird happenings. For instance, the end of the building where I live is a dead end. It's not all that uncommon for the lights in the hallway to just go out, since no one has wandered down our way in awhile. A bit disconcerting in the middle of the day.

The weirdest, though, is the morning bathroom dance. You see, I'm 5 feet tall. And while most offices have actual switches you can hit if the light doesn't come on for some reason, the bathrooms don't. And the sensor must be aimed fairly high. So there I am, in the ladies' room, dancing and waving my arms to make the thing come on.

I suppose there are worse ways to start your day. Dancing in the dark.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jonya said...

I race the light, trying to see if I can get to the end of the room before it registers me. So far, only three stalls in and it 'sees' me. Funny image - this dancing you do.

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home