Friday, March 31, 2006

Ahhhh.....

.....Friday. It has been an unbelievably busy week, culminating yesterday at Library Legislative Day.

This is my first time to attend this function in my new state, and it's run much differently than in Nebraska. Instead of being able to chat with the legislators at lunch, we needed to make individual appointments, since buying them lunch is verboten. Apparently, giving one of these guys a mug is verboten. From what I understand, this was a knee-jerk reaction to some scandal a few years ago, which was solved in the time-honored parental decree that "no one may give anyone anything ever again!!! I would imagine the official language is a bit more legal, but you get the idea.

The meetings were interesting, and most of the legislators were quite pleasant. We wandered the tunnels underneath the capital buildings like hamsters, made nice-nice with folks, had lunch, and came home. I'm not sure why it was so exhausting, but it was.

I'm very, very much looking forward to the weekend!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh, I hope it takes more than a mug to buy a legislator. You'd think they'd at least hold out for a place setting....

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home